- When CASUAL is called for – choose SMART CASUAL OR BUSINESS CASUAL
- It has been proven that when people are dressed ‘smartly’ they are more productive
- Women should wear a Classic Makeup Application. Classic Makeup = Moderate amount, Balanced and Coordinated
- “Polish” includes: Overcoming a weak handshake (shake hands from web of hand meeting web of hand). Be prepared . Business cards . Portfolio . Agenda . Executive-type Pen
- Knowing appropriate body language for a more poised and confident manner. Articulate clearly . Be considerate of others . Remember names . Be punctual . Look for the best in others . Be respectful
Your appearance is a very powerful form of communication. Business attire is increasingly important. “You are a walking Business Card”
FIRST, FIND OUT:
- What is the nature of the meeting or what the occasion is about
- Who will be attending
- The time and place
- How do you want your audience to see you?
- Consider your profession/position, your personality, your career, and environment.
- Do you want a High or Low Visibility?
- Your objective and authority
THIRD, HOW TO DRESS FOR MEETINGS PERTAINING TO:
- Dress conservative in Corporate or Business Attire – Be Meticulous
- HIGH TECH/REAL ESTATE/ COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
- Dress “Business Casual” to “Smart Casual” – Be Immaculate
- CREATIVE / ENTERTAINMENT / ADVERTISING
- Up-to-date trends – Be Meticulous
PLUS, CLOTHING & GROOMING REPRESENT 90% OF YOUR VISUAL COMMUNICATION: